FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 13, 2020
Hawaii’s Public Libraries Offer Wiki Visits
Starting November 15th
HONOLULU – The Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) is excited to welcome library patrons back into public libraries statewide for Wiki Visits starting November 15th! Wiki Visits will allow a limited number of patrons into the library for quick grab and go trips to select books and materials and for Computer Time appointments.
How do Wiki Visits work?
- Wiki visits start at the top of the hour and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- A limited number of library patrons will have up to 45 minutes to find books and materials, ask for assistance, use copiers or use a computer
- Library patrons are limited to one Wiki Visit per day
- Newspapers, magazines and reading areas inside the library are not available yet
- Questions? Visit our Wiki Visits video at librarieshawaii.org to learn more
Everyone entering the public libraries will be required to follow mandated health and safety protocols at all times while inside the library. Visits are limited in compliance with public health guidance to reduce exposure for all and to allow for proper disinfection of all high touch areas.
All public libraries will continue to offer Library Take Out services for library patrons that want to continue making appointments to pick up their books and materials. Public libraries will also continue providing free wifi zones outside all library buildings for everyone who needs free access to the internet.
Due to ongoing renovation and repair work, the Kahului, Liliha, and McCully-Moiliili Public Library locations will not be offering Wiki Visits. The Hawaii State Library will offer Library Take Out only, as our staff continues to assist with unemployment processing in support of our community. The Lanai Public and School Library will offer Library Take Out only, in compliance with current State and County COVID-19 guidance.
The Hawaii State Public Library System continues to monitor the COVID-19 infection rate as we work towards safely restoring access at public libraries statewide. For more library information and access to ebooks, streaming movies, and more, visit our website at librarieshawaii.org.