The Pearl Harbor Historic Trail (PHHT) is a multi-use path that will run 18.6 miles from Halawa Landing to Nanakuli, linking neighborhoods, historic sites, recreational areas, regional attractions, and nature along the old O’ahu Railway & Land Company (OR&L)’s right-of-way. In 2000, a community vision group authored a master plan envisioning ways of wisely developing this right-of-way to achieve the following 4 goals:
- Create an outdoor recreation and transportation network.
- Use the OR&L right-of-way as a springboard for historic preservation and education.
- Create economic opportunities for community businesses.
- Enhance environmental preservation and education.
Trails and greenways are a proven way of improving quality of life, increasing property values and stimulating economic growth.
*All images on this page are from the Pearl Harbor Historic Trail master plan, linked below.
- Pearl Harbor Historic Trail Master Plan (PDF; 17.1 MB; May 2001)