The City & County of Honolulu will be hosting a community workshop this Wednesday, November 16, from 6-8pm at Aloha Stadium’s hospitality room to give information about and gather public input on the Halawa area transit oriented development (TOD) plan.
This plan looks at future development around the Aloha Stadium rail station. The public review draft of the TOD plan addresses new development circulation improvements, and public spaces. The proposed plan envisions:
- New entertainment and retail uses
- Diverse housing opportunities
- Creation of a new employment center
- A new Aloha Stadium
- Pedestrian and bicycle improvements including access from the rail station to the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center
- New parks, gathering places, and trails
To see the draft TOD plan, please follow this link.
For more information on the Halawa area TOD plan, including previous reports, see the City’s Halawa-area TOD website.
To those who want to join this meeting: Enter the stadium parking lot through the Salt Lake Blvd. entrance. The hospitality room of Aloha Stadium is located right next to the stadium’s main box office at the south end zone of the stadium.